- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jaden and Bryton Nicholson
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Jaden Isaiah Nicholson, 3, and his brother, Bryton Michael Nicholson, 2, of Chaffee died Wednesday, June 22, 2011, in an early morning house fire in Chaffee.
Jaden was born Nov. 29, 2007, in Cape Girardeau, and Bryton was born March 30, 2009, in Mexico, Mo., sons of Gregory Nicholson and Jennifer Biler.
Both boys loved Power Rangers, Spider-Man and playing basketball with their daddy. They were each other's best friend and enjoyed playing together and with their little sister.
Jaden liked reading books, coloring and drawing with his mommy and Uncle Andrew. He also enjoyed watching cartoons and singing with his grandma. He loved to dance and could dance his Pampers off.
Bryton liked to pretend he was Batman, liked to color, sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and singing ABCs with his grandma. He enjoyed playing with his mommy and Uncle Andrew. He had a smile that could turn the darkest day bright.
Survivors include his parents; a sister, MaKaylynn Nicholson of Chaffee; maternal grandmother, Nancy McGuire of Chaffee; paternal grandparents, Artie Nicholson of Cape Girardeau and Emmanuel Nicholson of Steele, Mo.; and maternal great-grandmother, Paula Jones of Chaffee.
Visitation will be at 5 p.m. Thursday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 7 p.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Jack Bishop officiating.
The family requests memorials be sent to Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel for funeral expenses.