- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CAIRO, Ill. -- Charles Kenneth "Kenny" Slinkard, 65, of Cairo died Saturday, June 25, 2011, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born April 6, 1946, in Randles, son of Hubert W. and Eva Evelyn Mobley Slinkard.
He graduated from Oran High School in 1963.
Survivors include two brothers, Jeryl and Dawn Slinkard of Oran, Mo., Paul David and Cindy Slinkard of Jackson; three nieces, Cheryl Slinkard of Yorba Linda, Calif., Kandy and Rob Schlitt of Jackson, Crystal Hayes of Michigan; two nephews, Benjamin and Lucas Slinkard of Jackson; four great-nephews; one great-niece; several aunts and uncles; numerous cousins; and a very special friend, Martha Fairfield.
He was proceeded in death by his parents and one brother, Gerry Dale Slinkard.
Visitation will be held after 4 p.m. today and from 8 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at the Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran.
Graveside services will be at 9 a.m. Tuesday at Friend Cemetery in Oran with Doug Sikes officiating.