- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
William E. Spitzmiller, 77, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, June 25, 2011, at The Lutheran Home.
He was born Oct. 22, 1933, in St. Louis to William and Dorothy Phillips Spitzmiller.
He and Ethel Fay Dobyns were married in 1981 at Poplar Bluff, Mo.
William was a veteran of the U.S. Navy, serving in Korea. He was a sheet metal worker out of St. Louis and later was promoted to director of organization for sheet metal workers out of Washington, D.C., retiring in 1991.
He was a member of St. Andrew Lutheran Church.
Survivors include his wife, Ethel Spitzmiller, Cape Girardeau; five sons; two brothers, Henry Spitzmiller of St. Louis and Walt Spitzmiller of Florida, 14 grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister.
Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Mark Martin officiating.
Graveside services will follow at 1 p.m. Wednesday at Bloomfield Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, Mo., with full military honors by the Missouri Honors Team.
Memorial contributions may be given to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital or Humane Society of Southeast Missouri.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.