- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Edna L. Balsmann, 85, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, June 24, 2011, at The Lutheran Home.
She was born July 24, 1925, in Poplar Bluff, Mo., to Jessie and Anna E. Weisbrod Frizzell.
Edna graduated from Apple Creek School in Old Appleton.
She and William L. "Bill" Balsmann were married June 19, 1948, at Cape Girardeau. He died Oct. 18, 2007.
She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include two daughters, Kim (Mike) Kelley of Cobden, Ill., and Linda (Bill) Gieson of Wright City, Mo.; a daughter-in-law, Cindy Balsmann of Cape Girardeau; four grandchildren Tyson Gieson, Shalin Gieson, Jessie Gieson and Mo Patterson; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; her son, Daniel W. Balsmann on May 1, 2011; a brother; and a sister.
Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel, with a rosary at 10.
Funeral and parish prayers will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. David Hulshof officiating.
Entombment will be at Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum in Cape Girardeau.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.