- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Herbert Walter Werner, 93, of Jackson died Thursday, June 23, 2011, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born April 18, 1918, in Dutchtown, to Paul Martin and Clara Carrie Kester Werner. He and Jane C. Hedge were married Nov. 24, 1937. She died June 12, 2011.
Werner was a pipefitter by trade and was a member of Plumbers and Pipefitters Local 562 of St. Louis. He was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include three sons, Jerry (Brenda) Werner of Frohna, Mo., Larry Werner of Moberly, Mo., David Werner of Jackson; a brother, Vernon (Lawanda) Werner of Jackson; a sister, Vanita (Raymond) Seabaugh of Jackson; seven grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his wife; two grandchildren; a great-grandchild; a brother, Raymond; two sisters, Lorene and Myrlene.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. until service time Monday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Nathan Burgell officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau or Saxony Lutheran High School in Jackson.