- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Garrett - Mulvenon
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Corinne Marie Garrett and James Patrick Mulvenon were married June 26, 2010, at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church in Sikeston. The Rev. Glenn Eftink performed the ceremony. Organist was Nora Fuchs and soloist was Laura Vandivort, both of Sikeston.
The bride is the daughter of Ty and Sue Garrett of Sikeston. The groom is the son of Dan and Ann Mulvenon of Olathe, Kan.
Maid of honor was Chelsea Mossman of Springfield, Mo. Bridesmaids were Emily Graves and Chelsea Grueninger of Cape Girardeau; Maggie McGrath of Kansas City, Mo., cousin of the bride; Catherine Meyer of Cape Girardeau; and Gennie Stehn of West Plains, Mo.
Sean Mulvenon of Omaha, Neb., was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Adam Bowlin of Chicago; Jered Case of Plano, Texas; Lance Garrett of Sikeston, brother of the bride; Kyle Hubbard of DeSoto, Mo., and Seth Seavers of Springfield, Mo. Ushers were Charles Hoogner, Matthew Kelly and Anthony Pellitierie, all of Lawrence, Kan.
Candlelighters were Emily and Sara Antrobus of St. Louis, and Erica Garrett of Sikeston, all cousins of the bride. Emily and Sara are the daughters of Denise and the late Mark Antrobus. Erica is the daughter of Shannon and Marvelene Garrett.
Flower girls were Sydney Aycock and Olivia Grant, cousins of the bride. Ringbearer was Bryce Pledger, cousin of the groom. Sydney is the daughter of Jason and Mandy Aycock of East Prairie, Mo. Olivia is the daughter of Bart and Angela Grant of Sikeston. Bryce is the son of Carl and Beth Pledger of Shawnee, Kan.
Guest book attendants were Luke Antrobus, Shane Garrett and Carson Aycock, cousins of the bride.
The reception was held at the parish center.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner June 25 at Susie's in Sikeston.
Mrs. Mulvenon is a 2006 graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in education from Missouri State University in 2010. She is a fifth grade teacher at Kirbyville Middle School in Kirbyville, Mo.
The groom is a 2006 graduate of Olathe Northwest High School. He received a bachelor of fine arts degree in graphic design from Missouri State in 2010. He is a graphic designer at Marlin in Springfield.
After a wedding trip to Jamaica, the couple is residing in Ozark, Mo.