- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
BIEHLE, Mo. -- Elliott L. Winschel, 78, of Biehle died Tuesday, June 21, 2011, at his home.
He was born Aug. 2, 1932, in Perry County, Mo., son of John Henry and Regina Amschler Winschel. He and Rose Mary Chappius were married June 7, 1958.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Dwayne (Bonnie) Winschel of Scott City, Kevin (Cheryl) Winschel of Biehle; two daughters, Charlotte (Kevin) Robinson of Perryville, Mo., Sharon (Sean) Unterreiner of St. Louis; two brothers and four sisters, Herbert (Ethel) Winschel of Apple Creek, Mo., Rita (Gerald) Moll of Perryville, Celestine (Joseph) Moll of Biehle, Patrick (Judy) Winschel of Perryville, Delores (Chalmer) Berkbuegler of Perryville, Natalie (Pat) Helfer of St. Louis; seven grandchildren; Bret, Kaylie, Kelsey, Dalton, Kirsten, Augusta and Trence.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a granddaughter, Stacie Lynn.
Winschel was a mechanic at Saberliner and a livestock and agriculture farmer. He was a member of St. Maurus Catholic Church in Biehle.
He served with the National Guard.
Visitation will be from 4 to 9 p.m. today and from 6:30 to 9:15 a.m. Friday at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville. A Catholic wake will be held at 5 p.m. today. The rosary will be recited at 8:15 a.m. Friday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Maurus Catholic Church in Biehle, with the Rev. Tony Dattilo officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Memorials are preferred for Crown Hospice or St. Maurus Building Fund.