- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Vernon Michael Daniels, 56, of Marble Hill, formerly of Scott City, passed away Saturday, June 18, 2011, at Methodist University Hospital in Memphis, Tenn.
He was born Sept. 30, 1954, in Cape Girardeau, son of Vernon and Gertrude Baker Daniels. He and Kim Porch were married May 27, 1988.
Mike was a riverboat captain with Luhr Brothers Inc. He was a member of Harold O. Grauel Masonic Lodge 672 in Cape Girardeau, International Union of Operating Engineers Local 318 for the last 17 years and a former member of Laborers Local 663.
Survivors include his wife, Kim; three sons, Keefer Daniels of Scott City, Trinity Daniels of St. Louis, Jeff Daniels of Marble Hill; two sisters, Judy (Sonny) Ross of Rolla, Mo., Pat (Dale) Ferguson of Scott City; a granddaughter, Zoe Daniels of Scott City.
A memorial service will be held at a later date.
Memorials may be made to Harold O. Grauel Lodge, 117 Gray Ave., Chaffee, MO 63740.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City is in charge of arrangements.