- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Tennessee man injured Tuesday in Cape shooting
A 21-year-old Tennessee man was injured late Tuesday night in a shooting, according to Cape Girardeau police.
Sgt. Jason Selzer, a spokesman with the Cape Girardeau Police Department, said police received a call around 11 p.m. of shots fired in the area of Bloomfield and Hanover streets. The victim, who is staying in Fruitland, reported to police he was walking in the 1000 block of Bloomfield and heard a "pop."
He was shot in the hand but drove himself to the hospital, according to Selzer.
The victim did not provide any other details, Selzer said. "He could not give any details of a possible shooter or possible motive."
Police are still investigating the incident.
Bloomfield Street and Hanover Street, Cape Girardeau, Mo.