- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Teekah catching snowflakes. . .
I almost made a mistake that would have cost me the best friend I've ever had.In 1998, I took my 6 wk old puppy Teekah, to the pound in a moment of extreme stress & they didn't want to give her back the next morning. I had cried all night & in desperation,I called a lady who was on the Board of Directors. She intervened & I brought my lil bear home where she stayed @ my side for the next 12 plus yrs. Sadly, I lost my friend on Feb. 2 2011. This pic was taken just wks before her death. RIP my angel, Chuy & I miss you still . . .