- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)7
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Southeast president to get his U.S. citizenship July 4 (06/30/16)32
- Cape murderer still will serve 2 life sentences; appeals court forced reduced charge (06/30/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Teekah catching snowflakes. . .
I almost made a mistake that would have cost me the best friend I've ever had.In 1998, I took my 6 wk old puppy Teekah, to the pound in a moment of extreme stress & they didn't want to give her back the next morning. I had cried all night & in desperation,I called a lady who was on the Board of Directors. She intervened & I brought my lil bear home where she stayed @ my side for the next 12 plus yrs. Sadly, I lost my friend on Feb. 2 2011. This pic was taken just wks before her death. RIP my angel, Chuy & I miss you still . . .