- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Raymond Earl Shackles, 78, of Lynden, Wash., passed away Thursday, May 26, 2011, in Casa Grande, Ariz.
He was born March 30, 1934, in Rockview, Mo. He graduated from Chaffee High School.
Shackles served 21 years in the U.S. Air Force and was a Vietnam veteran.
He was preceded in death by his father, William Earl Shackles; mother, Mildred Cobb Shackles McClard; and stepfather, Harry N. McClard.
He first married Laverne McCarty, mother of his four sons, Billy (deceased 2003), Jimmy, Tim and Jerry Shackles; his wife, Hilda Prychun; grandchildren, Benjamin, Amy, Alexander, Jonathan, Linda, Sarah, Jacob, Amos and Austin Shackles; brothers, Mickey, Ricky, Carl and William Shackles; stepmother, Betty Nelms Shackles of Cairo, Ill.; stepbrothers, Truman, Donald (deceased), Dean, Marvin (deceased), Hershel (deceased); and a stepsister, Lusella McClard Jones.
Interment was June 3 in Lakeside Cemetery in Lynden.
Gillies Funeral Home in Lynden was in charge of arrangements.