- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Cape Senior Legion finishes tourney 4-0
The Cape Girardeau Ford and Sons Post 63 Senior American Legion baseball team won both of its games Sunday in the Diamond Promotions tournament.
Trey Gardner went 2 for 3, including a homer, and knocked in a pair in Post 63's 5-2 win over the Trailblazers from Columbia, Mo.
Josh Meyer earned the win on the mound.
Cody Livesay went 2 for 3.
Post 63 completed the tournament with an 11-2 victory over the St. Louis Sox.
Livesay struck out 10 and walked two to earn the win.
Dustin Crowden went 3 for 3 with a homer and two RBIs, while Brent Taylor drove in three runs. Austin Davis recorded two RBIs.
Post 63 finished 4-0 in the tournament but took third place because of run differential. The Eagles won the tournament with a plus-33 run differential, while the Lids Missouri Bulls took second with a plus-28. Post 63 finished with a plus-27.
-- From staff reports