- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Cape Senior Legion finishes tourney 4-0
The Cape Girardeau Ford and Sons Post 63 Senior American Legion baseball team won both of its games Sunday in the Diamond Promotions tournament.
Trey Gardner went 2 for 3, including a homer, and knocked in a pair in Post 63's 5-2 win over the Trailblazers from Columbia, Mo.
Josh Meyer earned the win on the mound.
Cody Livesay went 2 for 3.
Post 63 completed the tournament with an 11-2 victory over the St. Louis Sox.
Livesay struck out 10 and walked two to earn the win.
Dustin Crowden went 3 for 3 with a homer and two RBIs, while Brent Taylor drove in three runs. Austin Davis recorded two RBIs.
Post 63 finished 4-0 in the tournament but took third place because of run differential. The Eagles won the tournament with a plus-33 run differential, while the Lids Missouri Bulls took second with a plus-28. Post 63 finished with a plus-27.
-- From staff reports