- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Marble Hill man accused of beating, kidnapping woman (6/27/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)2
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Business notebook: Man's cheesecake whim becomes a full-time vocation (6/26/17)
Cape Senior Legion finishes tourney 4-0
The Cape Girardeau Ford and Sons Post 63 Senior American Legion baseball team won both of its games Sunday in the Diamond Promotions tournament.
Trey Gardner went 2 for 3, including a homer, and knocked in a pair in Post 63's 5-2 win over the Trailblazers from Columbia, Mo.
Josh Meyer earned the win on the mound.
Cody Livesay went 2 for 3.
Post 63 completed the tournament with an 11-2 victory over the St. Louis Sox.
Livesay struck out 10 and walked two to earn the win.
Dustin Crowden went 3 for 3 with a homer and two RBIs, while Brent Taylor drove in three runs. Austin Davis recorded two RBIs.
Post 63 finished 4-0 in the tournament but took third place because of run differential. The Eagles won the tournament with a plus-33 run differential, while the Lids Missouri Bulls took second with a plus-28. Post 63 finished with a plus-27.
-- From staff reports