- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape Senior Legion finishes tourney 4-0
The Cape Girardeau Ford and Sons Post 63 Senior American Legion baseball team won both of its games Sunday in the Diamond Promotions tournament.
Trey Gardner went 2 for 3, including a homer, and knocked in a pair in Post 63's 5-2 win over the Trailblazers from Columbia, Mo.
Josh Meyer earned the win on the mound.
Cody Livesay went 2 for 3.
Post 63 completed the tournament with an 11-2 victory over the St. Louis Sox.
Livesay struck out 10 and walked two to earn the win.
Dustin Crowden went 3 for 3 with a homer and two RBIs, while Brent Taylor drove in three runs. Austin Davis recorded two RBIs.
Post 63 finished 4-0 in the tournament but took third place because of run differential. The Eagles won the tournament with a plus-33 run differential, while the Lids Missouri Bulls took second with a plus-28. Post 63 finished with a plus-27.
-- From staff reports