- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Near miss: Woman 'lucky' following train incident (8/16/17)
Cape Senior Legion finishes tourney 4-0
The Cape Girardeau Ford and Sons Post 63 Senior American Legion baseball team won both of its games Sunday in the Diamond Promotions tournament.
Trey Gardner went 2 for 3, including a homer, and knocked in a pair in Post 63's 5-2 win over the Trailblazers from Columbia, Mo.
Josh Meyer earned the win on the mound.
Cody Livesay went 2 for 3.
Post 63 completed the tournament with an 11-2 victory over the St. Louis Sox.
Livesay struck out 10 and walked two to earn the win.
Dustin Crowden went 3 for 3 with a homer and two RBIs, while Brent Taylor drove in three runs. Austin Davis recorded two RBIs.
Post 63 finished 4-0 in the tournament but took third place because of run differential. The Eagles won the tournament with a plus-33 run differential, while the Lids Missouri Bulls took second with a plus-28. Post 63 finished with a plus-27.
-- From staff reports