- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda 6/20/11
401 Independence St.
Study session, 5 p.m. today
Meeting, 7 p.m. today
Items for discussion
* Planning and Zoning Commission report
* Proclamation for Gale Schenimann
* Tangible results, planned growth and sustainability
* Advisory board appointments
* Appearances regarding items not on the agenda
* An ordinance amending Section 26-251 of Chapter 26 of the city code relating to parking.
* An ordinance accepting fee simple interest from Mid-America Teen Challenge Training Center Inc. for property at 610 Merriwether St. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance appropriating monies for operating expenditures and capital expenditures from the Convention and Tourism Fund for the fiscal year ending June 30. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance adding a new Section 17-60 to the code of ordinances of the city regarding nuisance parties. Second and third readings.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a contract with Old Town Cape Inc. for the Main Street Program and the Downtown Strategic Plan created through the Dream Initiative. Reading and passage.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an agreement with Preferred Resource Network Inc., d/b/a Personal Assistance Services, for an employee assistance program. Reading and passage.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an agreement with Jokerst Inc. for the Breckenridge Branch Stabilization Project. Reading and passage.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a contract for general engineering and surveying services with Bowen Engineering and Surveying Inc. for general engineering services. Reading and passage.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a license and indemnity agreement with Waterwork Specialities Inc. for improvements on Industrial Drive. Reading and passage.
* A motion amending a special use permit to Big River Telephone for the height of a microwave transmission tower at 24 S. Minnesota Ave. from 140 feet to 180 feet.
* A motion accepting the improvements to the Central Municipal Pool fabric structure replacement and authorizing final payment to Arizon Structures Worldwide LLC.
* A motion accepting the improvements to the Shawnee Park Center and Shawnee Park Sports Complex concession buildings and authorizing final payment to Denali Construction Co. Inc. in the amount of $185,941.50.
* A motion accepting improvements to Fountain Street phase two from Morgan Oak Street to William Street and authorizing final payment to Nip Kelley Equipment Co. Inc.
Items removed from the consent agenda
* An ordinance establishing utility rates for the city by amending Chapter 22 relating to solid waste fees, and Chapter 29 of the city code relating to water rates and sewer service charges. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance adopting the annual operating budget for the city for the fiscal year beginning July 1. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance appropriating funds for operating expenditures, debt service payments, capital expenditures and transfers for the fiscal year ending June 30. First reading.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of J.D. Estates Subdivision. First reading.
* Appointment to the Board of Examiners.
* Appointments to the Girardeau Goes Green Advisory Board.
* Appointments to the Public Library Board of Directors.
* Appointment to the Special Business District Advisory Commission.
* Appointment to the Liquor License Review Board.