- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cape Girardeau Mobile Disaster Recovery Center to close Saturday
A FEMA recovery center open since Monday in Cape Girardeau will close Saturday and move to Bollinger County, FEMA announced Thursday. The Mobile Disaster Recovery Center at the Shawnee Park Center will close at 6 p.m. Saturday.
FEMA urges storm and flooding victims who have questions about their applications for disaster aid to visit the center at the Shawnee Park Center or when it reopens in Marble Hill, Mo., on Monday. The center will reopen for three days in Bollinger County at 1 p.m. Monday at the First Baptist Church, Family Life Center at 502 Broadway in Marble Hill. The hours of operation will be 1 to 6 p.m. Monday and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday. The center in Marble Hill will close at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
Personnel from FEMA and the U.S. Small Business Administration will be on hand to meet with storm survivors and answer disaster assistance questions. Missouri residents may visit any disaster recovery center, available in Bollinger, Butler, Cape Girardeau, Jasper, New Madrid, Scott and Stone counties. Before visiting a center, survivors are urged to first register with FEMA at www.DisasterAssistance.gov or by calling FEMA's registration line at 800-621-3362.
835 S. West End Blvd., Cape Girardeau, MO
502 Broadway, Marble Hill, MO