- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Joseph Earl Archer, 78, of Jackson passed away Tuesday, June 14, 2011, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Nov. 7, 1932, in Gideon, Mo., son of Joseph Alexander and Clara Ethel McBride. He and Imogene Turner were married Feb. 24, 1951. She passed away Nov. 6, 2002.
Earl was a U.S. Army veteran of the Korean War.
Loving survivors include two sons, Don and Bryan Archer of Jackson; a daughter, Sheila Reynolds of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Clara Agnes Coleman of Portageville, Mo.; five grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers and two sisters.
A graveside service will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at New Salem Cemetery in Daisy. Military honors will be conducted.
Memorials may be made to New Salem Cemetery.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.