- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Gertrude Jenkins, 88, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, June 13, 2011, at Puxico Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Puxico, Mo.
She was born Jan. 3, 1923, to Roscoe and Aline Smith Langston.
Survivors include a daughter, Vickie Chapman of Puxico.
She was preceded in death by her husband, two brothers and two sisters.
Jenkins was a member of Grace United Methodist Church in Cape Girardeau.
Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.