- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Sikeston woman killed in car accident
BERTRAND, Mo. -- A Sikeston woman was killed after her vehicle struck a tree Sunday in Mississippi County.
According to Missouri State Highway Patrol, at 5:24 p.m. Regina K. Bollerud, 52, of Sikeston was traveling eastbound on U.S. 62 just west of Bertrand when her vehicle ran off the right side of the road and struck a tree. Bollerud was pronounced dead at 6 p.m. by Mississippi County Coroner Terry Parker and taken to McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston.