- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Florence Boland, 89, formerly of Georgetown, Ill., and Kingman, Ind., died Saturday, June 11, 2011, in Cape Girardeau. She lived in the Cape Girardeau area the past seven years.
She was born Feb. 12, 1922, in Ridge Farm, Ill., daughter of Richard Golden and Nellie Foster Haworth. She and Donald L. Boland were married Dec. 26, 1939, in Newport, Ind. Don passed away July 23, 1995.
Florence worked at General Electric, was a beautician and also had a ceramic shop where she taught her talent to many in the Georgetown and Kingman areas. She enjoyed painting, fishing, and spending time with her family and friends. In the short time Florence lived in the Cape Girardeau area she made many good friends. She attended Cape Bible Chapel and enjoyed the senior Sunday school class there.
Loving survivors include two sons, David (Sharon) Boland of St. Augustine, Fla., Don (Paula) Boland of Georgetown; a daughter, Sandy (Randy) Black of Jackson; a son-in-law, William Hess of Georgetown; four granddaughters, Denise (Tom) Courtney, Kari (James) Shuey, Tawna (David) Bartley, Holly (Rob) Phillips; five grandsons, Dennis Boland, David (Stacy) Boland, Eric (Jill) Boland, Brett (Christi Denton) Boland, Vince (Kirsten) Black; two sisters, Elsie Cook of Georgetown, Mary Hawn of Cayuga, Ind.; and several great-grandchildren.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by a daughter, Shirley Hess; a sister, Rachel Edmiston; and three brothers, Frank, William and Leroy Haworth.
Friends may call from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Sunset Funeral Home in Georgetown.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Forest Park Cemetery in Georgetown.