- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Raymond Chapman Arnold, 69, of Scott City left this earthly world Sunday, June 12, 2011, and entered his heavenly reward.
He was born Feb. 6, 1942, in Cape Girardeau, to Raymond and Ferne Wright Arnold. He and Connie Woods were married July 18, 1969, in Sikeston, Mo.
Arnold was founder and owner of Chap Arnold Insurance Agency, which will be celebrating its 40th anniversary Wednesday. He was active in the region serving on various boards and committees over the years. To name a few: Scott City Industrial Board, Bank of Illmo Board, Scott City Park Board, Scott City School Board, Scott City Fire Department, Scott City Chamber of Commerce, Cape West Rotary, Southeast Hospital Foundation Board, United Way Board, Cape Girardeau Country Club Board, and SEMO Port Authority Board. He was also a member of Cape First where he and Connie served in strengthening marriages.
He was a devoted husband, father and grandfather. He loved to spend his time taking trips with his family and grandchildren. He also loved traveling in his RV to different destinations and playing golf with his colleagues and friends.
Survivors include his wife of 42 years, Connie Arnold; a son, David (Kim) Arnold of Marion, Ill.; three daughters, Angie (Michael) Umfleet of Scott City, Jennifer (Marc) Harris of Jackson, Scarlet (Derek) Winans of Cape Girardeau; eight grandchildren, Jessica (Evan) Arnold-Taylor, Jarrod and Jordan Arnold, Marcus, Gavin and Madelyn Harris, Abby and Luke Umfleet; and a great-granddaughter due in October, Macyn Layne Taylor; a sister, Alice (Stan) Groenig of Alexandria, Va.; and a brother, James (Gloria) Arnold of Scott City.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Raymond and Ferne Arnold; mother-in-law, Bedith Henson; and father-in-law, William T. Woods.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today, and from 10 a.m. to service time Wednesday, the 40th anniversary of Chap Arnold Insurance Agency, at Cape First on Silver Springs Road in Cape Girardeau. Gary Brothers will officiate.
A private family graveside service will follow.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City is in charge of arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial gifts may be given to a cause Chap supported wholeheartedly -- Men at the Cross, 1353 Lakeshore Drive, Branson, MO 65616.