- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
BERNIE, Mo. -- Rodney D. Green, 56, of Bernie died Saturday, June 11, 2011, at Missouri Southern Healthcare in Dexter, Mo.
He was born Sept. 2, 1954, at Kennett, Mo., son of Dale and Betty Jo Bowman Green. He and Mary Hueckel Ward were married June 17, 2005, at Essex, Mo.
Rodney was a member of Sunnyvale Baptist Church in Malden, Mo., and Dexter Kiwanis Club.
He grew up on a farm three miles west of Malden. He was a 1972 graduate of Malden Senior High School. He obtained his college education at Southeast Missouri State University and Arkansas State University. He completed the Nebraska School of Banking program in 1978 and the Graduate School of Banking of the South in 1988.
Rodney began his banking career as an officer with State Bank of Bernie in 1976. In 1992 he was named manager of First Community Bank at Bernie. He was promoted to senior vice president in 2002 and named bank manager at Malden. He was promoted to president of the Malden branch of First Community Bank in 2003. He was currently president of First State Bank and Trust in Dexter.
Survivors include his wife; parents; two daughters and sons-in-law, Valerie and Chad Crow of Sikeston, Mo., Jennifer and Daniel Neuhaus of Dexter; a stepson, Dustin Ward of Kennett; a sister and brother-in-law, Linnie and Max Harris of Jackson; and three grandchildren, Karsyn, Carter and Chloe.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Chapel in Dexter, Mo., with the Revs. Steve Fitzpatrick and Martin Goode officiating. Interment will be in Bethany Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Rodney Green Scholarship Fund, c/o Chad Crow at Progressive Farm Credit Services, 1110 N. Main St., Sikeston, MO 63801. Envelopes will be provided at the funeral home.