- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Jane Capitola Werner, 95, of Jackson died Sunday, June 12, 2011, at her home.
She was born April 10, 1916, in St. Paul, Minn., to Charles and Marie Nelson VanBuren Hedge. She and Herbert W. Werner were married Nov. 24, 1937.
Jane was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include her husband, Herbert W. Werner of Jackson; three sons, Jerry (Brenda) Werner of Frohna, Mo., Larry Werner of Moberly, Mo., David Werner of Jackson; seven grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, Walter (Jackie) Werner; stepmother, Marie Hill; a brother; a sister; and two grandchildren.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Nathan Burgell officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.