- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
UNIONTOWN, Mo. -- Paul H. Theiss, 89, of Uniontown died Monday, June 13, 2011, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Aug. 7, 1921, in Wittenberg, Mo., son of Paul Ehegott and Clara Magdalena Hilpert Theiss. He and Helen M. Lohmann were married June 14, 1953.
Survivors include his wife of Cape Girardeau; a son and daughter-in-law, Virgil and Barbara Theiss of Cape Girardeau; a daughter and son-in-law, Eldeen and Scott Rose of Findlay, Ohio; three grandsons, William Paul Rose, Derek Rose and Matthew Theiss; and a host of nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents and three brothers, Gilbert, the Rev. Harry and the Rev. Louis Theiss.
Theiss was retired from farming. He was a member of Grace Lutheran Church in Uniontown, where he served as an elder six years and as treasurer six years.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday and from 6:30 to 8 a.m. Thursday at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville, Mo.,
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Grace Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Paul Winningham officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Memorials are preferred to Grace Lutheran Church or Saxony Lutheran High School.