- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
FEMA opens disaster recovery center in Cape
The Federal Emergency Management Agency has opened a mobile disaster recovery center in Cape Girardeau this week in an effort to better serve the area's storm victims, according to a news release.
The mobile recovery center opened Monday at the Shawnee Park Center, 835 S. West End Blvd., according to a news release. FEMA encouraged storm victims to visit the center for answers to any questions they have about registration status or disaster assistance, the release said.
The operating hours for the center will be until 6 p.m. today (Monday) and Tuesday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Representatives of the Small Business Administration will also be available. An SBA representative said Monday that people from outside Missouri can also apply for assistance at the Cape Girardeau center.
835 S. West End Blvd., Cape Girardeau, MO