- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Children's exposure to meth via parents is growing; Mo. Children's Division seeing effects (9/18/16)8
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
FEMA opens disaster recovery center in Cape
The Federal Emergency Management Agency has opened a mobile disaster recovery center in Cape Girardeau this week in an effort to better serve the area's storm victims, according to a news release.
The mobile recovery center opened Monday at the Shawnee Park Center, 835 S. West End Blvd., according to a news release. FEMA encouraged storm victims to visit the center for answers to any questions they have about registration status or disaster assistance, the release said.
The operating hours for the center will be until 6 p.m. today (Monday) and Tuesday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Representatives of the Small Business Administration will also be available. An SBA representative said Monday that people from outside Missouri can also apply for assistance at the Cape Girardeau center.
835 S. West End Blvd., Cape Girardeau, MO