- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Jumbo size: Rhodes 101 sets a world record with 15-foot, 4,700 gallon drinking cup (8/21/17)3
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Unions deliver signatures to block right-to-work in Missouri (8/20/17)40
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
FEMA opens disaster recovery center in Cape
The Federal Emergency Management Agency has opened a mobile disaster recovery center in Cape Girardeau this week in an effort to better serve the area's storm victims, according to a news release.
The mobile recovery center opened Monday at the Shawnee Park Center, 835 S. West End Blvd., according to a news release. FEMA encouraged storm victims to visit the center for answers to any questions they have about registration status or disaster assistance, the release said.
The operating hours for the center will be until 6 p.m. today (Monday) and Tuesday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Representatives of the Small Business Administration will also be available. An SBA representative said Monday that people from outside Missouri can also apply for assistance at the Cape Girardeau center.
835 S. West End Blvd., Cape Girardeau, MO