- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
BROWNWOOD, Mo. -- Shirley Ann Brown, 66, of Brownwood died June 11, 2011, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 8, 1944, at Callou, Mo., the daughter of Charles and Opal Bishop Abernathy.
Shirley was a homemaker and was a member of Hoe Baptist Church in Bell City, Mo. Shirley and Waymon Brown were married in 1960 at East Prairie, Mo., and he survives of the home.
Other survivors include two sons, Charles Brown of Advance, Mo., and James Brown of Missouri; three brothers, Kenneth Abernathy of Rockford, Ill., J.C. Abernathy of Doniphan, Mo., and Robert Abernathy of Wisconsin; three sisters, Bonnie Riley of Doniphan, Dorothy Collins of Tennessee and Darlene Abernathy of Rockford; a granddaughter, Ashley Smith of Grand Tower, Ill.; and a great-grandson, Landon Smith.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a brother and a sister.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance, Mo.
Funeral services will be held at 1 p.m. Tuesday with burial following at Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.