- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Edna I. Job, 89, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, June 11, 2011, at The Lutheran Home.
She was born April 3, 1922, to Solomon and Sophia Blattel Heisserer in Kelso, Mo.
She and Albert W. "Bud" Job were married on Saturday, June 26, 1948, at Kelso. He preceded her in death July 31, 2008.
She was a member of St. Vincent De Paul Catholic Church in Cape Girardeau. She had been involved as a 4-H leader and helped her husband run the family farm. She was a caring wife of 60 years, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother who devoted her life to her family and faith.
Survivors include six daughters, Marilyn J. (Allen) Schott of Jackson, Nancy M. (Ronald L.) Davis of Marble Hill, Mo., Susan K. (Mark) Holzum of Jackson, Carolyn A. (John) Ryan and Mary E. Job, both of Cape Girardeau, Linda L. Schmitt of Paducah, Ky.; four sons, Albert W. Job Jr., Joseph A. Job, John D. Job and Thomas A. Job, all of Cape Girardeau; 10 grandchildren, Shannon M. (Damian) Erzfeld, Lindsey R. (Stash) Petton, Amy E. Ryan, Christian A. Ryan, Casey L. Holzum, Brandi S. Holzum, Kelsea N. Job, Abby R. Job, Brittany N. Job and Erica R. Job; two stepgrandchildren, Angie (Shawn) Williams and Donnie (Kayleen) Shaw; great-grandchildren, Benjamin C. Davie, Kambri R. Erzfeld, Gavin L. Brown and Gunner D. Petton; two stepgreat grandchildren, Marley Williams and Kadon Shaw; three sisters, Olivia Ostendorf and Marie Ostendorf, both of Cape Girardeau, Melva Jane Kalkbrenner, Beaumont, Texas; and a sister-in-law, Betty Job of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; son-in-law, Terry Schmitt; two brothers, Paul and Theon Heisserer; and five sisters, Hermina and Sally Hoeckle, Alma Hamm, Corene Morrison and Lorena Heisserer.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel with 7 p.m. parish prayers.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church the Rev. Kizito Wenani officiating. Burial will follow at St. Mary's Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Memorial contributions may be given to St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.