- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Victims of alleged Ponzi scheme seek compensation from killer's victims (8/21/16)3
- Cape Central football team falls to state-ranked Liberty in Pixley's debut (8/20/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
Buchheit Trucking Honored by Department of Defense
10 June 11 - Missouri Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Committee Member Matt Jenkins honored Carolyn Heron and Mark Retherford of Buchheit Trucking Service, Inc. with the ESGR Patriot Award, in recognition of their extraordinary support of employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserve.
Ms. Heron and Mr. Retherford were nominated by Sgt. First Class Kevin Zimmerman of Jackson, who serves in the Missouri Army National Guard. Kevin stated in the nomination that his employers allow him time off to train with the Guard, even on short notices. Since Kevin is assigned to a National Guard unit in Jefferson City, Buchheit Trucking allows him ample time to travel to his Guard unit and ensures he is fully rested from that training before returning to work.
Buchheit Trucking Service, Inc. is a full service asset based logistics solutions provider. In addition to the full array of warehousing services provided, Buchheit is a contract carrier of bulk agricultural and industrial products as well as finished goods throughout the United States and Canada.
The ESGR Patriot Award was created by the US Department of Defense to publicly recognize individuals and businesses who provide outstanding patriotic support and cooperation to their employees, who like the citizen warriors before them, have answered their nation's call to serve. Supportive supervisors are critical to maintaining the strength and readiness of the nation's Guard and Reserve units. Employers are nominated by their military employees.