- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Buchheit Trucking Honored by Department of Defense
10 June 11 - Missouri Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Committee Member Matt Jenkins honored Carolyn Heron and Mark Retherford of Buchheit Trucking Service, Inc. with the ESGR Patriot Award, in recognition of their extraordinary support of employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserve.
Ms. Heron and Mr. Retherford were nominated by Sgt. First Class Kevin Zimmerman of Jackson, who serves in the Missouri Army National Guard. Kevin stated in the nomination that his employers allow him time off to train with the Guard, even on short notices. Since Kevin is assigned to a National Guard unit in Jefferson City, Buchheit Trucking allows him ample time to travel to his Guard unit and ensures he is fully rested from that training before returning to work.
Buchheit Trucking Service, Inc. is a full service asset based logistics solutions provider. In addition to the full array of warehousing services provided, Buchheit is a contract carrier of bulk agricultural and industrial products as well as finished goods throughout the United States and Canada.
The ESGR Patriot Award was created by the US Department of Defense to publicly recognize individuals and businesses who provide outstanding patriotic support and cooperation to their employees, who like the citizen warriors before them, have answered their nation's call to serve. Supportive supervisors are critical to maintaining the strength and readiness of the nation's Guard and Reserve units. Employers are nominated by their military employees.