- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Scott City council passes measures to block treatment plant project (10/10/17)1
Buchheit Trucking Honored by Department of Defense
10 June 11 - Missouri Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Committee Member Matt Jenkins honored Carolyn Heron and Mark Retherford of Buchheit Trucking Service, Inc. with the ESGR Patriot Award, in recognition of their extraordinary support of employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserve.
Ms. Heron and Mr. Retherford were nominated by Sgt. First Class Kevin Zimmerman of Jackson, who serves in the Missouri Army National Guard. Kevin stated in the nomination that his employers allow him time off to train with the Guard, even on short notices. Since Kevin is assigned to a National Guard unit in Jefferson City, Buchheit Trucking allows him ample time to travel to his Guard unit and ensures he is fully rested from that training before returning to work.
Buchheit Trucking Service, Inc. is a full service asset based logistics solutions provider. In addition to the full array of warehousing services provided, Buchheit is a contract carrier of bulk agricultural and industrial products as well as finished goods throughout the United States and Canada.
The ESGR Patriot Award was created by the US Department of Defense to publicly recognize individuals and businesses who provide outstanding patriotic support and cooperation to their employees, who like the citizen warriors before them, have answered their nation's call to serve. Supportive supervisors are critical to maintaining the strength and readiness of the nation's Guard and Reserve units. Employers are nominated by their military employees.