- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
River Campus variety
Every year since opening in 2007, the River Campus facility has shown its worth, meeting a demand for more cultural performances previously not offered in Cape Girardeau.
Earlier this week the campus announced its latest season of events, and the shows -- from new Broadway hits to classic favorites -- are sure to impress once again. Certainly there will be a wide variety of shows, including the stage version of the Mel Brooks Broadway musical "Young Frankenstein", which officials are saying might be the highlight of the year. You'll find everything from Shakespeare to "Blast!", a choreographed percussion and brass performance; from acrobats to ballet, from trumpets to pajamas.
The River Campus offers a variety of season ticket packages, too, based on your interests. But if you're not interested in season tickets, be sure to check out what the River Campus has to offer and plan to attend an event. Hundreds of people bought season tickets last year, and there's a reason so many have already made their requests again this year. Don't let another season go by without checking out the fun.