- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
July 4 holiday activities announced for Cape, Jackson
Plans for Independence Day celebrations are underway in Cape Girardeau and Jackson.
The USA Veterans organization will sponsor its second annual July Fourth Celebration from July 1 through 4 at Arena Park.
Highlights include an arenacross competition July 2; a concert by the John D. Hale Band on July 3, and a demolition derby and fireworks July 4. Redneck Games will be held again this year, including a toilet seat horseshoe toss, sure-shot pool game and dunking booth. For more information, visit www.usa-veterans.com.
Jackson's July 4 celebration activities will all take place on Independence Day. Activities will begin at 7:30 a.m. with a 5K run/walk. Throughout the day there will be a car show, art in the park, food stands and pony rides.
A 1700s colonial America demonstration will take place from 1 to 4 p.m. A dance performance will be at 2 p.m. at the tennis courts. At 7 p.m. Saxy Jazz will play at the band shell followed by the Jackson Municipal Band at 8 p.m. Fireworks will begin at 9:30 p.m.
For more information call 204-8848.
Jackson City Park, Jackson, MO
Arena Park, Cape Girardeau, MO