- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Pilots n' Paws
On June 10, 2011 the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri sent seventeen puppies to Chances Animal Rescue in Appleton, Wisconsin for rescue. This was all possible due to a wonderful and caring pilot: Pete Tobin. Pete, along with many other special pilots donate their time and airplanes to transport dogs and cats to their adoptive homes or to rescue shelters all over the nation through an organization called Pilots n' Paws. We are so proud and happy that Pete, Pilots n' Paws and Chances Animal Rescue care and enjoy spending their free time connecting these angels in fur to their new home.
If you would like to be a part of our rescue efforts please donate at the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri or Pilots n' Paws.