- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
Pilots n' Paws
On June 10, 2011 the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri sent seventeen puppies to Chances Animal Rescue in Appleton, Wisconsin for rescue. This was all possible due to a wonderful and caring pilot: Pete Tobin. Pete, along with many other special pilots donate their time and airplanes to transport dogs and cats to their adoptive homes or to rescue shelters all over the nation through an organization called Pilots n' Paws. We are so proud and happy that Pete, Pilots n' Paws and Chances Animal Rescue care and enjoy spending their free time connecting these angels in fur to their new home.
If you would like to be a part of our rescue efforts please donate at the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri or Pilots n' Paws.