- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Gateley - 60 Years
Mr. and Mrs. R. Melvin Gateley of Cape Girardeau celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary June 7, 2011.
Gateley and Ella L. Sanders were married June 7, 1951, at Red Star Baptist Church, by the Revs. S.S. Borum and Verlee Eaker. Their attendants were Ed and Louise Propst.
The Gateleys have two children, Renauta (John) Mcnabb of Cape Girardeau, and Stephen (Melinda) Gateley of Nashville, Tenn. They have three grandchildren, Molly Mcnabb, Andrew and Stuart Gateley.