- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Urhahn - Sander
Courtney Ann Urhahn and Garrett Stephen Sander were married Oct. 2, 2010, at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Cape Girardeau. The Rev. David Hulshof performed the ceremony. Readers were Emily Essner and Jamie Sander of Benton, Mo., cousins of the groom, and Brad Urhahn of Bentonville, Ark., uncle and godparent of the bride.
Organist was Lenny Kuper of Cape Girardeau. Vocalist was Jimmy Simmons of Benton, uncle of the groom.
The bride is the daughter of Greg and Susan Urhahn of Jackson. The groom is the son of Regina Sander of Benton, and the late Kevin Sander.
Maid of honor was Cortney Stanfield of Cape Girardeau. Bridesmaids were Tasha Valleroy of Cape Girardeau; Stacie Eftink of St. Louis, cousin of the bride; Jessica Grandcolas and Kelly Huffman of Cape Girardeau.
Brandon Sander of Columbia, Mo., was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Bud Worley of Sikeston, Mo., Brandon Dirnberger of Oran, Mo., Ryan Hawkins of Bonne Terre, Mo., and Trey Simmons of Benton, cousin of the groom. Ushers were Zach Stanfield of Cape Girardeau, Justin Thompson of Farmington, Mo., Trent Walter of Benton, and Kevin Lesch of Columbus, Ohio.
Candlelighters were Kelsey Steele and Lindsey Grissom of Cape Girardeau.
Flower girls were Isabel Sander and Gwendolyn Essner. Ringbearer was William Sander. Isabel is the daughter of Mitch and Jamie Sander of Benton and cousin and goddaughter of the groom. Gwendolyn is the daughter of Jamie and Emily Essner of Benton and cousin of the groom. William is the son of Matt and Christina Sander of St. Louis and cousin of the groom.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson. Servers were Carl Eftink of Cape Girardeau, aunt and godparent of the bride, and Leslee Urhahn of Bentonville, aunt of the bride. Amber Walter of Benton and Cara Klipfel of Oran attended the guest book. Program attendants were Lindsay Pearson and Emilee Urhahn, cousins of the bride. Lindsay is the daughter of Mike and Tracy Pearson of Riverton, Ill. Emilee is the daughter of Brad and Leslee Urhahn.
The groom's mother hosted the rehearsal dinner Oct. 1 at Port Cape Girardeau.
Mrs. Sander is a 2003 graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in education from Southeast Missouri State University in 2007. She is a kindergarten teacher and cross country head coach with Kelly School District.
The groom is a 2003 graduate of Kelly High School. He attended Mineral Area Community College. He is employed at S&L Builders.
The couple is residing in Benton.