- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Burnett - Cook
Rachel Renee Burnett and Noland Jeremiah Cook were married June 5, 2010, at First General Baptist Church. Sam Ramdial performed the ceremony. Pianist was Blake Kiefner and vocalist was Paige Rothenberger, both of Cape Girardeau.
The bride is the daughter of Carla Burnett of Cape Girardeau and Jay Burnett of Jackson. Mark and Lana Cook of Cape Girardeau are parents of the groom.
Maids of honor were Brittany and Amanda Burnett of Cape Girardeau, sisters of the bride. Bridesmaids were Rachel Long, Amanda Nabors and Emily Welker of Cape Girardeau, Britney Sinn and Valerie Burnett of Jackson, sisters of the bride.
Casey Cook of Cape Girardeau, brother of the groom, was best man. Groomsmen were Daniel Berry and Blake Kiefner of Cape Girardeau, Lawrence Kenkel of Jackson, Brian Higgins and Justin Stone of Cape Girardeau. Ushers were Paul Veneziano, Tarl Luhring and Christopher Biester, cousin of the bride, all of Cape Girardeau, and Damien Cook of Patton, cousin of the groom.
Candlelighters were Sarah Kitchen and Elizabeth Sparks of Cape Girardeau. Sarah is the daughter of Shannon and Chris Ann Kitchen. Elizabeth is the daughter of Jason and Lori Sparks.
Flower girl was Adeline Cook, daughter of Casey and Sarah Cook and niece of the groom. Ringbearer was Jake Sparks, son of Jason and Lori Sparks.
A dinner and dance reception was held at the VFW Hall in Cape Girardeau.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner June 4 at Port Cape Girardeau.
Mrs. Cook is a 2007 graduate of Central High School. She graduated with honors and received a degree in mass media with emphasis in radio from Southeast Missouri State University in 2010. She is employed at Mississippi River Radio and at Pagliai's Pizza and Pasta.
The groom is a 2005 graduate of Central High School. He received a degree in mass media with emphasis in radio from Southeast in 2010. He is employed at KFVS12.
After a wedding trip to the Bahamas, the couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.