- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Ricky A. Moore, 57, of Oak Ridge passed away Tuesday, June 7, 2011, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau. He struggled with cancer nearly six years.
He was born June 12, 1953, in Cape Girardeau, to Ervin "Nub" and Juanita Kester Moore.
Ricky served honorably in the U.S. Navy from 1972 to 1975.
He previously worked as a pipe fitter in North Dakota and at the Chrysler plant in St. Louis.
Survivors include his mother of Oak Ridge; two brothers, Randy D. (Marilyn) Moore of Imperial, Mo., Rusty L. (Susan) Moore of Oak Ridge; a nephew, Kevin Moore of Imperial; a niece, Ashley Seyer and her children, Konnor and Adilyn of Oak Ridge; several uncles, aunts, and cousins.
He was preceded in death by his father April 2, 2011.
Friends may call Thursday from 9 a.m. to time of service at the chapel of McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
The funeral will be Thursday at 10:30 a.m. at the funeral home, with the Rev. James Brown officiating. Interment will be in Kurreville Cemetery near Millersville.
Pallbearers will be Terry Brown, Dave Rouse, Lenzil Jaco, Kevin Moore, Mike Kester, Steve Proffer and Tim Pender.
Memorials may take the form of contributions to Kurreville Cemetery.
Online condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.