- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Dorothy M. Darby, 86, of Delta died Sunday, June 5, 2011, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 3, 1925, at Marquand, Mo., to Benton and Beulah Abbott Sheppard. She and Loy R. Darby were married Jan. 18, 1946. He preceded her in death Sept. 12, 1982.
Darby retired as a sewing machine operator at Florsheim Shoe Co. in Chaffee, Mo.
Survivors include a daughter, Kay (Curtis) "Beatle" Keesee of Delta; two grandchildren, Travis and Brandon Keesee of Delta; two great-grandchildren, Kaylee Keesee of Cape Girardeau and Brent Whittington of Scott City; and several loving nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; two sisters; two brothers; a grandchild; and a niece.
She was a member of Arbor General Baptist Church in Arbor, Mo., and Ladies Auxiliary of VFW Post 3127 at Chaffee.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Kermit Patton officiating. Burial will be in Fairview Cemetery near Arbor.