- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Jared Keith Durbin, 41, of Jackson passed away Friday, June 3, 2011, at his home.
He was born Dec. 5, 1969, in St. Louis, to Reginald K. and Sharon E. Edwards Durbin. He and Julie M. Thoma were married Oct. 14, 1998.
Jared worked at Cape Girardeau Winnelson Co. more than 20 years. He was a member of Elks Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include his wife and son, Julie and Jaredan of Jackson; his parents of Adamsville, Tenn.; a sister, Christine Elaine Waters of Sylvania, Tenn.; father-in-law and mother-in-law, Orville and Gwen Thoma of Jackson; paternal grandmother; maternal grandparents; numerous aunts; uncles; and cousins.
Friends may call from 5 p.m. to time of service today at McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
A memorial service will be at 7 p.m. today at the funeral home, with Vic Van Schaik officiating.
Memorials may take the form of contributions to Jaredan's college fund, c/o Bank of Missouri.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.