- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Jared Keith Durbin, 41, of Jackson passed away Friday, June 3, 2011, at his home.
He was born Dec. 5, 1969, in St. Louis, to Reginald K. and Sharon E. Edwards Durbin. He and Julie M. Thoma were married Oct. 14, 1998.
Jared worked at Cape Girardeau Winnelson Co. more than 20 years. He was a member of Elks Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include his wife and son, Julie and Jaredan of Jackson; his parents of Adamsville, Tenn.; a sister, Christine Elaine Waters of Sylvania, Tenn.; father-in-law and mother-in-law, Orville and Gwen Thoma of Jackson; paternal grandmother; maternal grandparents; numerous aunts; uncles; and cousins.
Friends may call from 5 p.m. to time of service today at McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
A memorial service will be at 7 p.m. today at the funeral home, with Vic Van Schaik officiating.
Memorials may take the form of contributions to Jaredan's college fund, c/o Bank of Missouri.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.