- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape Girardeau waste station to close a few days
EDITOR'S NOTE: Due to a source error, this story incorrectly said yard and vegetative waste could be taken to the drop-off site. It can't.
The Cape Girardeau Solid Waste Transfer Station will close next week.
The station, at 2500 S. Sprigg St., will close at 3:45 p.m. June 15 and reopen at 7 a.m. June 20 while weight scales are repaired.
Residents can take storm debris to the drop-off site near South Sprigg and LaCruz streets during the closure. That location is open from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. For more information, call 339-6778.