- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Chantelle Becking strives to make a difference through her family and community (11/10/17)
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- Jackson elementary students try to help others with 'kindness boxes' (11/6/17)1
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Search reveals body in lake near Poplar Bluff; foul play suspected (11/12/17)
Elite Travel receives national recognition
CAPE GIRARDEAU -- Elite Travel, Inc. was recently recognized as one of the top travel agencies nationwide by Southwest Airlines Vacations.
Elite President Carolyn Kempf and travel consultant Jaime Stroder were among representatives of about 20 U.S. travel agencies recognized as top producers for 2010 by Southwest Vacations at a Florida retreat. This is the first time Elite has received this recognition, says Kempf. "Our team appreciated the recognition and were honored that our hard work and dedication to our clients was recognized," she adds.
The recognition was based on factors such as customer service and sales, and is validation that Elite exceeded peers throughout the nation, says Kempf. As part of the retreat, Kempf and Stroder visited the Sheraton Sandy Key in Clearwater, FL., where an awards ceremony was held along with training and updates on the travel industry. The duo was also treated to a behind-the-scenes tour of Bush Gardens, which Kempf says gave her some great insight to pass along to her clients.
"Although Elite Travel wins many national sales and service awards, this recognition is especially important to our entire team because it was on a national level and is the first time since 1992 we exceeded to this level," says Kempf.
Elite Travel, Inc. was founded in 1992 by people who love travel for its ability to enrich lives and increase appreciation for the world in which we live. Praised for their commitment to customer satisfaction and diversified staff, Elite Travel, Inc. has been awarded the Funjet Vacations 500 Club award 15 years in a row and is the only Gourmet Certified Consulting firm in Southeast Missouri. Visit www.elite-trips.com or www.facebook/elitetravelinc for more details and information.