- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
People on the move 6/6/11
Essner receives accreditation from Center for Health Design
Rick Essner, director of facilities management at Saint Francis Medical Center, recently obtained Evidence-based Design Accreditation and Certification from The Center for Health Design, recognizing his knowledge of the evidence-based design process for health care. The program has established new standards for individuals who use an evidence-based design process for health care building programs. Design characteristics and improved layout can contribute to improved health outcomes for patients, families and staff. Essner oversees the day-to-day infrastructural requirements of facility compliance, maintenance and operations. He is also responsible for planning and coordinating the design and construction of all renovation and expansion projects, such as the Medical Center's $84 million combined Heart Hospital Cancer Institute and the expansion of the Gene E. Huckstep Emergency and Trauma Center. His responsibilities also include overseeing the plant maintenance, plant operations, and biomedical engineering departments at Saint Francis, as well as the landscaping and maintenance of all property owned or leased by Saint Francis health care system.
Kelley joins First Community Insurance Group
Eric Kelley has joined First Community Insurance Group in Cape Girardeau as an insurance representative. He is a native of Cape Girardeau and a 1999 graduate of Southeast Missouri State University with a bachelor of science degree in business administration. He has been in the insurance services field since 2005, most recently serving as owner/agent representing American Family Insurance in Chaffee, Mo. Kelley will be working from the First Community Insurance Group office at 17 S. Mount Auburn Road, inside First Community Bank.
SoutheastHEALTH adds two to human resources team
Danielle Alspaugh and Erin Pfeifer have joined the human resources team at SoutheastHEALTH. Alspaugh, the health system's senior recruiting specialist, previously worked in the office of admissions at Southeast Missouri State University as associate director of admissions. She holds a bachelor of science and a master of arts degree in human environmental studies from Southeast Missouri State University. Pfeifer, SoutheastHEALTH's human resources manager, has more than 12 years of experience in the human resource field. Her most recent affiliation was at the Spartech Corporation as segment human resource manager. In that position, she oversaw the human resource function at eight U.S. facilities and one facility in Mexico. In her new position Pfeifer will be responsible for employee relations, team building, supervisory training, employee development and coaching. She holds a bachelor of science degree in human resources and a master of business administration from Southeast Missouri State University.