- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda for 6/06/11
401 Independence St.
Study session, 5 p.m. today
Meeting, 7 p.m. today
Items for discussion
* Planning and Zoning Commission report
* Parking task force
* Appearances regarding items not on the agenda
* A public hearing regarding the proposed operating budget for the fiscal year beginning July 1.
* An ordinance amending Chapter 25 of the code of ordinances of the city of Cape Girardeau regarding variances. Second and third reading.
* An ordinance amending Schedule F of Section 26-247 of the city code by establishing no-parking zones on various streets for bicycle lane striping.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Broadview Estates. Second and third reading.
* An ordinance accepting fee simple interest from Lora Lee Eaker for the property at 915 N. Main St. Second and third reading.
* A resolution acknowledging receipt of an annexation petition from Terry Mills, Marla Mills, Matthew S. Rubel and Michele R. Rubel and setting a public hearing regarding the proposed annexation. Reading and passage.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a license and indemnity agreement with Cape Riverview 2 LLC for parking lot improvements on a portion of Park Drive. Reading and passage.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an amendment to recycling processing agreement with Republic Services Environmental LLC and CWI of Missouri Inc. for recycling services. Reading and passage.
* An ordinance amending Section 26-251 of Chapter 26 of the city code relating to parking. First reading.
* An ordinance accepting fee simple interest from Mid-America Teen Challenge Training Center Inc. for property at 610 Merriwether St. First reading.
* An ordinance appropriating monies for operating expenditures and capital expenditures from the Convention and Tourism Fund for the fiscal year ending June 30. First reading.
* An ordinance adding a new Section 17-60 to the code of ordinances of the city regarding nuisance parties.
* An ordinance establishing utility rates for the city by amending Chapter 22 relating to solid waste fees, and Chapter 29 of the city code relating to water rates and sewer service charges. First reading.
* An ordinance adopting the annual operating budget for the city for the fiscal year beginning July 1. First reading.
* An ordinance authorizing the mayor to execute a general warranty deed to the state of Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission for Veterans Memorial Drive, Phase 1, between LaSalle and County Road 306 in Cape Girardeau County. First, second and third reading.