- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
OLMSTED, Ill. -- Gladys Larry, 89, of Olmsted died Saturday, June 4, 2011, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 6, 1922, in Olmsted, the daughter of Eulis and Flora Belle Hiatt Rainwater. She married James M. Larry Sr. on Oct. 25, 1945. He preceded her in death on June 21, 2004.
She was a retired seamstress at M. Snower & Co. She was a member of the Mount Pleasant Baptist Church in Pulaski, Ill., and Eastern Star Chapter No. 587.
She is survived by one daughter, Sharon (Randy) Neely of Olmsted; two sons, Jim (Brenda) Larry and Darrell (Fern) Larry, both of Olmsted; seven grandchildren, Shawn (Stacy) Larry, Allen (Tina) Jordan, Brad (Sharrol) Jordan, Gail (Joe) Dluhy, Randel (Karen) Neely, Sheena (Ronnie Mays Jr.) Neely, Brian Neely; 14 great-grandchildren; two great-great-grandchildren; one sister, Flora Belle Wilson of Godfrey, Ill.; nieces; and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband; parents; one grandchild, Cedric Larry; four sisters, Reba Slater, Juanita Kampchroder, Beatrice Atkins and Corine Clancy.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Crain Funeral Home in Ullin, Ill.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Clark Short officiating. Interment will follow in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens.
Memorial contributions may be made to Daystar Care Center Activity Fund and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences visit www.crainsonline.com.