- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Mary Earnhart, 91, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Dongola, Ill., died at 4:45 a.m. Saturday, June 4, 2011, at Chateau Girardeau.
She was born on July 16, 1919, in Dongola, to Charlie and Annie Karraker Casper. She married Everett Earnhart on Feb. 7, 1937. He preceded her in death on May 10, 1987.
Mary was a member of Mount Olive Baptist Church in Dongola. She spent most of her life on the family farm where she enjoyed working side by side with her husband and daughters.
She is survived by her daughter and son-in-law, Joyce and Roy Rhodes of Scott City; nieces; nephews; and other relatives.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a daughter and son-in-law, Janice and Joseph Chuck; an infant daughter; an infant son; and one brother, Darrell Casper.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at Crain Funeral Home in Dongola.
Funeral services for Mary Earnhart will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Crain Funeral Home, Dongola, with Rev. Charles Duckworth officiating. Interment will follow in Meisenheimer Cemetery in Dongola.
Memorial contributions may be made to The American Cancer Society and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.