- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Speight - Anderson
Gene and Nora Speight of Jackson announce the engagement of their daughter, Melanie Speight of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., to Travis Anderson of San Antonio, Texas. He is the son of Ronald and Cynthia Anderson of Balsam Lake, Wis.
Speight is a graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor of arts degree in English education from Lambuth University in Jackson, Tenn., and a master of arts degree in English from Southeast Missouri State University. She is a teacher with Ste. Genevieve School District.
Anderson is a graduate of Jackson High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in nursing from Austin Peay in Clarksville, Tenn., where he was commissioned into the Army as a second lieutenant. He is a BRAC project manager at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio.
A July 2 wedding is planned at New McKendree United Methodist Church in Jackson.