- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ORAN, Mo. -- Kenneth Douglas Stanley, 63, of Oran died Thursday, June 2, 2011, at Chaffee Nursing Center in Chaffee, Mo.
He was born May 17, 1948, to the late Leon and Imogene Bain Stanley. He and Shirley E. Hedger were married May 21, 1966.
Stanley retired as a rewinder at Mid America Electric Motors in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Virginia (Darrell) Nenninger, Lisa (Tony) Belt and Jami (Andy) Bryant, all of Oran; a brother, George (Marge) Stanley of Benton, Mo.; a sister, Linda (Jess) Phillips of Perkins, Mo.; eight grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a son, Douglas Stanley; a brother; a sister; and a grandson.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. Ed Carter officiating. Burial will be in Forest Hills Memorial Gardens at Morley, Mo.