- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Blake L. Jones, 20, of Jackson passed away Sunday, May 29, 2011, in Cape Girardeau.
He was born June 11, 1990, in St. Louis, son of Steve D. and Valerie A. Schott Jones.
Blake attended Jackson elementary schools and graduated from Jackson High School in 2009, where he was successful in wrestling, track, and was No. 38 defensive back for the JHS football team. He was attending Southeast Missouri State University and was a member of New McKendree United Methodist Church in Jackson. He attended First General Baptist Church in Jackson as well as accompanying them on several mission trips.
He had been active with Millersville Volunteer Fire Department several years. Blake was a very caring person, an avid fisherman and mechanic, enjoyed riding his off-road motorbike and restoring old cars, especially hot rods, with his dad.
Loving survivors include his father and stepmother, Steve and Heather Jones of Oak Ridge; his mother, Valerie Jones of Jackson; a sister, Stacy Jones of Jackson; a half brother, Michael (Alyssa) Taylor of St. Louis; two stepsisters, Madison and Taylor Donner of Jackson; maternal grandparents, Melvin and Patricia Schott of New Hamburg, Mo.; and stepgrandparents, Jack and Kathy Devor of Oak Ridge.
He was preceded in death by his paternal grandparents, Don and Dorothy Jones.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at the chapel of McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson and from 9:30 a.m. until service time Friday at New McKendree Church.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the church, with the Rev. John Rice officiating. Interment will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to the American Cancer Society or New McKendree UMC.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.