- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
McCLURE, Ill. -- Helen V. Cook, 84, of Batesville, Ark., formerly of McClure, died Monday, May 30, 2011, at her home.
She was born Aug. 6, 1926, in Walnut Ridge, Ark., to Roy and Mattie Barnett Davidson. She and Burthel D. Cook were married Nov. 10, 1941, at Marked Tree, Ark. He died April 2, 2001.
Helen was a devoted wife, mother and grandmother.
She was of the Pentecostal belief.
Survivors include two sons, the Rev. Kenneth Cook of Cape Girardeau, the Rev. Doyle Cook of Cleveland, Tenn.; three daughters, the Rev. Annette Thomas of Concord, Ark., Marsha Richardson of Charlotte, Ark., Sherry Thomas of Jonesboro, Ill.; 12 grandchildren; and 34 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, two brothers, and four sisters.
Friends may call 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kenneth Cook officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.