- Business Notebook: Millersville Pit Stop opening Friday; newly rebuilt convenience store to feature favorites (7/16/18)
- Dexter Bar-B-Que in Jackson moving location (7/12/18)1
- Farewell to a First Lady (7/17/18)4
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Relentless flood swamped towns, turned roads into lakes 25 years ago this summer (7/16/18)
- Support worker freedom by voting 'yes' on Prop A (7/14/18)
- Developer: Construction moving into new phases on Marriott (7/12/18)1
- New safety measures being put in place in Jackson School District (7/11/18)3
- Cape city spending thousands to promote commuter flights, boost boardings (7/17/18)5
- Former police officer, disabled vet vie for state representative seat (7/11/18)2
Police connect Cape Mart suspect to other robberies
Cape Girardeau police have connected a homeless 18-year-old man to three robberies that have occurred in the city in less than two weeks. Courtrel Walker was charged Wednesday with two counts of felony first-degree robbery for two incidents at Cape Mart on North Fountain Street. On May 23 and on Tuesday morning around 9 a.m., Walker allegedly displayed to a store clerk what appeared to be a handgun and took off with an undetermined amount of cash.
A warrant was issued for Walker's arrest Friday after police suspected he was involved in a robbery at Town House Inn. He was also charged with felony robbery in connection with that crime Friday.
Walker was arrested by Cape Girardeau police Tuesday on North Lorimier Street following the Cape Mart robbery.
Walker is a prior offender in Mississippi County, where he was charged in May 2010 with misdemeanor property damage. He received one year of probation for the crime.
Walker is in custody on a $100,000 surety bond and has no hearing date yet.
238 N. Fountain St., Cape Girardeau, MO
505 N. Kingshighway, Cape Girardeau, MO