- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Area digest 6/1/11
Grady, Rose team for horseshoe victory
The team of Randy Grady and Terrie Rose took first place in the SEMO Horseshoe Association's 14-team tournament at the Benton American Legion.
Larry Glastetter and Lachelle Cook took second, while Tyler Elfrink and Melody Williams were third.
The next tournament is scheduled for Sunday at the Leopold Knights of Columbus.
Three golfers tie for title
Paul Giebler, Jim Riley and Phil Cantoni all shot net 70s to tie for first place in the Memorial weekend individual handicap tournament at Dalhousie Golf Club.
Jim Eakin placed fourth with a 71.
The team of Lyle Davis, Robin Davis, Clay Crosson and Sheila Crosson shot a 67 to win the the championship flight of the Memorial Day couples four-person scramble at Dalhousie Golf Club.
The team of Gary Squires, Pat Roberts, Mark Boie and Emily Boie shot a 63 to win A flight.
-- From staff reports