- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Margaret Helen Gilliland, 83, of Cape Girardeau passed away Saturday, May 28, 2011, at Fountainbleau Lodge.
She was born June 19, 1927, at Fornfelt, to Elvis A. Blanchard and Ella Nora Campbell. She and Frank Gilliland were married June 18, 1949, at Fornfelt.
Margaret worked for Ralph Edwards jacket factory several years. She was organist and pianist at the Church of God. Later in life Margaret found her calling as a caregiver for Alzheimer's patients.
Survivors include a daughter, Mary (Barry) Petty of Jackson; a son, Dennis (Gwen) Gilliland of Marion, Ohio; a brother, Norvel (Della) Blanchard of Wellington, Ill.; five grandchildren, Dara (Lyle) Williamson, Denise (Cory) Berbig, Dorothy Gilliland, Sarah (Jason) Schatz, Lauren (Mick) Mennemeier; and a great-grandchild, Aiko Schatz; and two great-stepgrandchildren, Shane and Shannon Pedraza.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, three brothers and four sisters.
A graveside service will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday at Cape County Memorial Park, with the Rev. David Pringle officiating.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be given to The Way of Truth, P.O. Box 88, Hagerstown, MD 21741-0088.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.