- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Omyle Harbin, 87, of Cape Girardeau passed away at Life Care Center of Cape Girardeau.
Omyle stepped into the arms of Jesus, her savior, Monday, May 30, 2011. She is now experiencing what we are anticipating.
She was born Oct. 8, 1923, to Ernest and Bessie Dowell. She married William A. "Dub" Harbin June 5, 1942, in New Mexico.
Omyle walked with Christ daily and served him throughout her life, using every opportunity to share Christ with others. She was a wonderful wife, loving grandmother and a devoted Sunday school teacher.
Survivors include a daughter, Pat McBride of Cape Girardeau; three grandchildren, Steven (Jennifer) McBride of Cape Girardeau, Ron and Lisa McBride of Jackson; nine great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband and two brothers.
Friends may call 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. David Pringle officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorial contributions may be given to Lighthouse Bible Baptist Church, 2826 Independence St., Cape Girardeau, MO 63703, or to Crown Hospice, 2858 Professional Court, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.