- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
LEOPOLD, Mo. -- William Nelson Elfrink, 71, of Leopold passed away Tuesday, May 31, 2011, at Landmark Hospital.
He was born Aug. 25, 1939, son of Martin and Anna Beel Elfrink. He married Donna Rae McCormick on May 18, 1963, at St. Joseph Church in Scott City.
Elfrink was a carpenter most of his life, working for Omer Seiler Construction before his retirement. He was a member of St. John Catholic Church and Knights of Columbus Council 5898 at Leopold.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Kenny (Barb) Elfrink and Andy (Heather) Elfrink of Leopold; four sisters, Bernice Beussink of Overland, Mo., Anita (Joe) Jansen of St. Peters, Mo., Lorraine (Norbert) Bueter of House Springs, Mo., Rita (Ben) Brugger of Jackson; a brother, Luke (Kathy) Elfrink of Jackson; four grandchildren, Trent, Jacob, Madeline and Shandy Elfrink, all of Leopold; sisters-in-law, Inez Elfrink and Ella Elfrink; and a brother-in-law, Bob Groth.
He was preceded in death by two brothers, Charles and Ennis Elfrink; a sister, Edith Groth; and a grandson, Franklin Elfrink.
Visitation will be 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill. Parish prayers and a Knights of Columbus rosary will be held at 7:30.
A Mass of Christian burial will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John's Catholic Church in Leopold, with the Rev. Robert Landewe officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.